朝鲜指责美国扣押货轮行为

英国《金融时报》 白艾德、Kang Buseong 首尔报道
2019.05.15 12:00

朝鲜指责美国扣押一艘据称被用于逃避国际制裁的船舶。目前围绕朝鲜本月初试射导弹的紧张不断发酵。

朝鲜外务省周二要求美国归还1.7万吨的“智诚号”(Wise Honest)货轮。该船因被怀疑运输非法出口的煤炭和进口重型机械而被扣押。

通过朝鲜官方媒体发表的这份声明,似乎是平壤方面首次公开谈论这艘船。该船于2018年4月被印尼当局拦截和扣留,后来被美国扣押。

朝鲜外务省表示,美国试图让朝鲜“屈服于其最大压力”,并违背了朝鲜领导人金正恩(Kim Jong Un)与美国总统唐纳德•特朗普(Donald Trump)去年6月在新加坡峰会上签署的联合声明的“根本精神”。

在上周要求一名联邦法官允许美国获取这艘货船的所有权时,美国司法部(DoJ)详细介绍了扣押经过。这一宣布是在朝鲜上周四向日本海发射两枚弹道导弹数小时后做出的。在那次发射5天之前,朝鲜进行了一系列武器试验,据信包括2017年末以来首次导弹试射。

朝鲜最新的激烈言辞凸显双方之间的紧张。此前,由于特朗普和金正恩未能于今年2月的河内峰会(见文首照片)上就无核化达成协议,双方间的外交努力陷入停滞。

美国和平研究所(United States Institute of Peace)分析师帕特里夏•金(Patricia Kim)表示,在未能从特朗普争取到关键让步后,朝鲜领导人在国内面临压力。

“平壤方面最近采取的升级行动和发表的尖锐言辞,不仅是在世界面前做秀,也是面向国内观众的。在某个时间点,当金正恩觉得自己秀够了肌肉和决心之后,他会回到谈判桌上来,”帕特里夏•金说。

美国和韩国政府近来试图淡化朝鲜的咄咄逼人行为,以帮助缓和紧张局势升级。

“但有这样一个可能,即金正恩误判形势,做过头,从而在近期内关上谈判大门,”她补充说。

译者/何黎

以下为此文英文原文:North Korea rebukes US over ship seizure as tensions simmer

Edward White and Kang Buseong in Seoul

North Korea has rebuked the US over its seizure of a ship allegedly used to evade international sanctions, as tensions simmer over Pyongyang’s missile testing earlier this month.

North Korea’s foreign ministry on Tuesday demanded the US return the Wise Honest, a 17,000-tonne cargo ship, which is  being held on suspicion it was used to illicitly export coal and import heavy machinery.

The statement, issued via North Korean state media, appeared to be the first time Pyongyang had spoken publicly about the vessel, which was intercepted and detained by Indonesian authorities in April 2018 and later seized by the US.

Washington was trying to hold Pyongyang “in submission with its maximum pressure” and had broken the “fundamental spirit” of the joint statement signed between North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and US president Donald Trump at their summit in Singapore last June, the foreign ministry said.

The US Department of Justice last week detailed the seizure as it asked a federal judge to allow the US to take ownership of the vessel. That announcement came hours after North Korea on Thursday fired two ballistic missiles into the Sea of Japan. Five days earlier, it had conducted a series of weapons tests thought to include its first missile launch since late 2017.

North Korea’s latest rhetorical outburst highlights the tension between the two sides after diplomatic efforts stalled when Mr Trump and Mr Kim failed to strike a deal over denuclearisation at their Hanoi summit in February.

Patricia Kim, an analyst at the United States Institute of Peace, said the North Korean leader was under pressure domestically after failing to win key concessions from Mr Trump.

“Pyongyang’s recent escalatory actions and sharp rhetoric is aimed not only at the world, but also at its domestic audience. At some point, when Kim feels he’s sufficiently flexed his muscles and demonstrated his resolve, he’ll come back to the negotiating table,” Ms Kim said.

The US and the South Korean governments have sought to downplay Pyongyang’s aggressive actions, helping to allay the rise in tensions.

“But there’s a chance that Kim will miscalculate and push the envelope too far, closing the door on negotiations in the near future,” Ms Kim added.

发帖时间: news

发表评论

电子邮件地址不会被公开。